What is Cyber Exrtortion?
It is cyber crime where the criminal threatens the victim demanding money usually in the form of Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Zcash, Ethereum, Litecoin, etc. in return for stopping or remediating the attack.
The criminal may use or just threatens to use some malicious activity like DDoS, data compromise, or any other form of attack till his/her intentions of getting money is fulfilled.
How to avoid Cyber Extortion?
Everything you do online leaves behind a digital footprint which can be used by unscrupulous people can use against you.
Therefore it is very necessary to put very less sensitive information online.
Few things you should keep in mind to avoid Extortion:
- Safeguard The Computer & devices you use
- Watch what you share or receive
- Be aware of current sacms
- Use strong password for you email ids or any other ids
- Use different passwords for different websites
- Conduct regular security risk assessments and system configurations to secure your network
Follow the author on Intagram: @devil_divyu